The following resources have been collated to support CLC signatory leaders to remain up to date with key climate trends and support the acceleration of climate action within their organisations.
If you have resources to add to this page, email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The science of climate change
It’s important to understand the science behind climate change as it drives business action to mitigate and adapt. These resources provide an overview of the key science and global targets that underpin action.
- What is climate change? by the United Nations
- What is the Paris Agreement? by the UN (Video)
- IPCC Scenarios at 1.5 and 2 degrees from IPCC 5 years of reports – what you need to know by the World Economic Forum (2023)
- Net Zero by 2050 (Video by Climate Now)
- What does the new IPCC report mean for board directors? (Report by Chapter Zero)
Scope 1, 2 & 3
What are the different types of emissions?
- Scope 1, 2 and 3 Emissions Explained (Video by Climate Now)
Climate change and business strategy
Guidance for establishing an organisational sustainability strategy.
- Net Zero Business Briefing by Cambridge Institute for Sustainable Leadership (Paper – 2020)
- Institute of Directors and Chapter Zero Board Toolkit 2023 (Paper)
- Climate Governance for Directors (Paper by Deloitte, Toitū Tahua and SBC)
Targets and reporting
- Setting Science Based Targets to Combat Climate Change (Webpage by Harvard Business Review)
- Five things you need to know about science-based targets (Deloitte)
- Navigating the Climate Disclosure landscape: 2023 update (Chapter Zero)
Climate Action Plans
- Climate Action Transition Plans (We Mean Business Coalition)
- Five principles for business on the role of nature in their climate plans (We Mean Business Coalition)
Climate change risk and opportunities
- What are the physical and transitional climate risks? (Video by Climate Partner)
- Climate change is an opportunity for business to thrive (Oliver Wyman)
- Chairs Guide to Climate Action: Navigating tradeoffs and opportunities in a climate driven future (Deloitte Report)
How can organisations adapt to climate change?
Organisations and nature
- The first science-based targets for nature (Report by Science Based Targets Network)
What is a ‘just transition’ and what is the role of organisations?
- Just transitions explained via coal mining example (Video by Grist)
- Importance of just transition for a board (Video by Deloitte)
- Just Transition a Business Guide (Executive Summary – B Team)
How to focus your organisation?
- Setting science-based targets to combat climate change (Harvard Business Review, 2022)
- How BCG is contributing to a more sustainable world (Video by Egon Zehnder)
- Blending vision with practicality CSO of Starbucks (Video by Egon Zehnder)